Train • eat • sleep • repeat
10 things to consider before taking on your first long distance triathlon
• During an ironman training cycle you may age a few years through lack of sleep. 24 hour days are not long enough.
• You will need to see a chiropractor often.
• You will have no money. This goes on bikes, energy gels and all things aerodynamic to shave precious seconds, including spandex which you look awesome in.
• Say goodbye to your drinking prowess, you are no longer the machine you used to be.
• No swim training can actually prepare you for the swim.
• During the run your body will be obliterated, you will need good spirit.
• A typical training week involves 8 miles of swimming, 200 cycling and 30 running. All added up on your snazzy oversized garmin watch.
• Your so aerobically fit you get dizzy every time you stand up too quickly.
• A day off from work = a six hour bike ride followed by an hour run.
• Your probably going to get addicted and do another, going through this again.
With all that said.. You’ll be an ironman my friend.