Protect the body and remain fighting fit
Keep your defence high and fight off winter colds with this full of goodness homemade soup recipe. If your under the weather soup is easily digested and full of health benefits.
- Barley – Contains selenium which has antioxidant properties
- Onions – Often used to heal infections, contains allicin an antioxidant
- Garlic – Also contains allicin which combats sickness
- Mixed peppers – Lots of vitamin C – especially in red peppers
- Celery – Lots of vitamin K – helps build strong bones
- Carrots – Rich in vitamin A, another great source of antioxidant agents
- Parsnips – Full of vitamins B, C, E and F
- Bay leaf – Can detoxify the body
- Sweet potato – Vitamin D, good for energy levels
- Butternut squash – Vitamin B6 – great for the immune system
- Turmeric – Anti everything. very strong anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory effects
No added stock needed – enough veg to make own
And a liquid remedy that usually does the trick, especially before bed is ginger, lemon, lime and honey with hot water. Individually all containing medicinal qualities to keep your immune system strong.